Friday 12 February 2016

How to START building a business empire with Digital Marketing

Let Others lead small lives, not you!! Digital Marketing is set to change the course of your life and business, easy and quick, If you are open to learn.

A lot of people ask me, if they were to pursue Digital Marketing, should they focus on Social Media Marketing or SEO. My answer is never the same it changes every time. It depends on the context and several other factors, but the guiding principle behind it is as mentioned below.

I prefer to use Social Media to create demand, while I will use SEO intensively for demand fulfillment.

I will use Social Media Marketing (Either Paid or Organic) Exclusively for creating awareness about my existence. I will use it to create social eminence, and authority in my loved niche.  I will start with one platform, may be Twitter, by answering questions in my specific niche and in a limited geographical area. I am not expecting any sales or leads at this stage. All that I am doing is creating a fantastic image.

I will use SEO or SEM (Search Engine Marketing) exclusively for order fulfillment. People who learn about me and my products on social media, will start thinking, discussing and talking about the things I have put in their mind through my answers and my post on social media. They are getting closer to the buying curve of the cycle. They will search exactly for the same  keywords in google that I have seeded in their minds. I can then do a paid search engine marketing for the most accurate profitable keywords.

Now the next natural question I get during my conversations is, is this the standard approach everyone has? I tell them, most people don't have any approach at all. Most people who are new to Digital Marketing, should take this approach. This approach works best, if you start marketing quite early, far ahead of the release of your MVP.

If you are a pretty large MNC, If you have deep pockets, then of-course you could take a multi pronged approach across all social and digital media. Large Companies want to be everywhere and bag all the opportunities. They dont want to allow leakage of opportunities in any of their territories. But as a startup or small business your goal is different so you need to have a different approach and not the same as your larger brothers.

Social Media Marketing is relatively easy. I have about 1K followers on Twitter and a small community on Triberr. I get about 300 Visitors per day to this blog exclusively from Twitter. I dont apply any search engine optimization neither any paid marketing.



Achieving a similar objective exclusively Via SEO is a little difficult and little expensive too. However SEO Traffic is highly targeted, and often sitting with their wallet out to buy the product. If you learn the Science of SEO, you will stand to make windfall gains pretty quick. My suggestion is learn and understand about SEO. I suggest you read SEO 2016 by Adam Clarke. This 182 Page book is the number one best seller on Amazon. Wishing you all the best in your Digital Marketing Efforts.